You're not alone

You already knew that but it's still reassuring to know that there are other adults who've decided to accessorise themselves with wires on their teeth.

What a crazy concept!

I've just got my first set of this jewellery called braces and would be keen to hear how you're coping and what tricks do you recommend to make the time go faster.

So, welcome to my braces journey...

17 March 2007

First week

Yes, I am very keen to tell you all about it. Come on it's only the first week and I'm definitely not used to it yet. On one hand you're dealing with physical discomfort. On the other you've got to face the world and be judged by their first impressions of you. I'm a 30-something chick working in a corporate environment and have found that the first thing everyone says is "I didn't even notice that your teeth were crooked". Well, that's because your teeth are straight and you haven't been obsessing with them being straight for years. Plus it's a bit late to tell me that. The machinery is already in my mouth. I've also got people coming to me and telling me their braces stories from the past. All very useful information. I guess it's been done already but when it's happening to you, it becomes extra special and interesting. Thus the blog...

No comments: